Call For Art: New England Thread
New England Thread
June 14-July 19, 2019
Juror: Beth Mclaughlin, Fuller Craft Museum
Entry Deadline: April 28, 11:59pm
Entry Fee: $30 for 1-3 submissions, $45 for 4-6
All artists residing in New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) are eligible to submit work. All submissions must be entered online through the BAC's submission form (link below). Up to six pieces of original artwork can be submitted.
- Submissions must incorporate elements of fiber art.
- Artwork must have been created within the last five years.
- All submitted work must be original.
- Work must be available for exhibition dates.
- Maximum size 2D: up to 84" in either dimension.
- Maximum size 3D: combined dimensions must not exceed a total of 144 inches (height+width+depth), total weight must not exceed 100lbs.
- Video work: If accepted, the artist is responsible for providing all necessary viewing equipment.
- Artists may submit up to six works. One jpg per submission. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials, dimensions and year of completion (fill out on submission form).
- Format for image files: Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
- Artists must also submit an artist statement and resume. Files must be in pdf format.
- Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
*The Brookline Arts Center reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if quality does not reflect images or if the artist violates requirements.
Artists will be notified of their status via e-mail by 5:00pm on Friday, May 10, 2019. If your work is selected, it must arrive presentation ready (with appropriate installation materials) by 5:00pm on Friday, June 7, 2019. Shipped work must be received in reusable wrapping with check or prepaid label for return shipping. Work must remain on exhibit through Friday, July 19, 2019.
*Artwork that is selected for the exhibition can be listed for sale at a price determined by the artist. The BAC is entitled to 30% commission.
Please call 617-566-5715, or email email@example.com.
Beth C. McLaughlin is Chief Curator of Exhibitions and Collections at Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, Massachusetts. Ms. McLaughlin has held leadership and curatorial roles in the arts and museum fields for over 25 years at institutions across the U.S., including Fuller Craft Museum, The Oakland Museum of California, and DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum. She has curated over 45 exhibitions and has served as a juror/adjudicator for a number of cultural organizations including Fiber Art Now Excellence in Fibers, Massachusetts Cultural Council, Cherry Creek Arts Festival, Providence Holiday Art Sale, and the City of Worcester. Ms. McLaughlin has been published in several national periodicals, such as Fiber Art Now, the Decorative Arts Society Newsletter, and American Craft Magazine. Ms. McLaughlin is passionate about expanding awareness of the craft field, promoting the makers, and exploring the transformative powers of handmade objects.